One week home – ok, plus a couple of days :)

I can’t believe it’s just a week and two days, since I was discharged from the hospital. It seems longer, maybe because I haven’t left my house except once.

Many have asked how I’m feeling. I feel great, considering what I’ve been through, just still weak, but that’s going to take time to build back up. I am walking outside regularly and last night went the furthest and felt the strongest I’ve felt yet. So, the walking is working, just taking it slow and easy. I still can’t seem to stay awake past 8:00 pm, but then wake up every couple of hours, so not sure how to resolve that problem. I really only nap a couple of times a day, for 45 min to an hour, so it’s not like I’m sleeping my days away. I do laundry and empty the dishwasher, so little things. I’m not supposed to clean, or handle raw meat, and I can’t walk Dottie, so some things Tom must do.

Home, relaxing on the front porch.

Home, relaxing on the front porch.

I did have my first outing this week, to the grocery store on Tuesday with my Mom. We were in desperate need for pretty much everything, and this is no exaggeration. So, Mom and I set out for the store, me masked up, antibacterial wipes in hand and ready for the adventure. (Mom did try to wipe everything down before it went into the cart, but had to stop her from that, they are just going to be touched by the check out and bagger, so what’s the point). Not to brag, but I did push the cart the whole time. 🙂 OK, that was also for balance, but just saying, pushing a loaded cart through a store is no small feat. We made it, bought everything needed, and only ran into one person we knew. OK, they recognized Mom, I was pretty much the masked, bald bandit, so no one would have known me. Anyway, good to see her again, it’s been years for me. We made it home, Tom unloaded the car, Mom headed home and I crashed for a two hour nap. It really took it out of me, more than I realized at the time. So, I had planned on making dinner that night, scratch that idea. Every man, woman, and dog had to fend for themselves.

I have my first follow up appointment scheduled for next Wednesday to check my blood work. So, we’ll see how I’m doing there. So, in the mean time, I’ll keep up my walks, naps, and continue to get stronger.

“Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”

1 Comment (+add yours?)

  1. Roger
    Oct 03, 2013 @ 16:20:34

    Glad to hear you are gettong your walks in each day, hopefully soon you will be taking Dottie with you on your neighborhood adventures! It must have felt pretty good to get out and go shopping! Did you see any good tongue in the market section? It’s been too long. I’m sure the next trip to the store will not take so much out of you. Best wishes and love from Texas!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: